Monday 16 May 2011

An Oxymoron of sorts :-)

Ha ha.. (you'll understand why I'm laughing once you read the rest) .. so here I am.. wondering what I could possibly write about today.. what exciting thing has happened to me.. Well.. I hit a darned good milestone in my weightloss (as in 40lbs) .. yayyy me.  I'm pretty excited about that one.. I'm half way to where I want to be :-) :-)  (and need to be to be healthy!!)  I am using the hcg drops and the low cal diet that goes with it.. and no.. I'm not hungry!! .. I realize they might be controversial but to date they are the ONLY thing that has worked.. I am not an excersize nut, and I don't like most foods so I need something very limited like this.  Now.. I just need to maintain it once I come off the drops.. but I bought a pair of size 11 capris today and even though they're snug.. they go on.. they do UP, and I can wear them!!!!! (side note.. how do you put smiley faces on a blog???)

And now for the HA HA part....

The first thing I actually thought about posting on here was my favourite cheesecake recipe.. mmmmm cheesecake.. a good part of the reason I still have 40 lbs to go I'm sure!!  I found this recipe online and modified it to suit my tastes.. which are finicky to say the least.

So here's my favourite cheesecake recipe.. if you have read down this far.. and you gain weight after making it.. don't say you weren't warned :-D

Crust:
1 3/4 c. chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
1/2 stick butter, melted

mix together and press into the bottom of a springform pan and maybe an inch up the sides ... put into the fridge until the rest of the cheesecake is mixed and ready to go.

Cheescake: 3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese softened (or 1/2 of the big boxes you can buy of them 1.5? kg)
1 c. sugar
4 lg. eggs, room temperature
2 tbsp. Grand Marnier (or any orange liquour)
Zest of 1 lg. orange

cream together cream cheese and sugar, add in other ingredients and mix well for about 5 minutes (make sure the orange zest isn't all clumped together)

bake at 325 for 1 hour.. you can bake it in a water bath if you like but since I cover mine with the sauce I don't care if the top has cracks in it :-)

cool on the counter until only warm to the touch, then cool in the fridge for at least a few hours.. or overnight if you have that kind of willpower
Sauce:

about 1 C of the milk chocolate wafers for melting
about 1 heaping C of frozen raspberries (thawed).. I use the frozen ones because then I seem to get more juice for the sauce

melt the chocolate and then still over a low heat add in the raspberries and mix unti the raspberries are mushed up. Pour over the cheesecake and down the sides if you want and enjoy :-)
 
So if you make it.. leave a comment and let me know what you think!!!
And have a nibble for me too.. 'cause it's gonna be a looooooooong time before I can have it again :-(

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I am laughing so hard right now! You are so funny! I am trying to diet too but cheesecake...hmmmm I think I might have to be a product tester on this one!

    ReplyDelete